Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Blogoversary & Blog Candy!

TODAY marks my 4 year anniversary as a Consultant with Close To My Heart AND my 1 year Blogoversary! I have had so much fun as a Consultant and I've learned so much as I've preserved our family memories - I just added to that fun when I started blogging. For those of you that are in my area, you can come celebrate with me on Friday, May 1st for an Open House - there are lots of reasons to celebrate - my Anniversary, Blogoversary, the New Summer Idea Book from CTMH, plus, May is National Scrapbooking Month - what a fun time of year!
***
So I'm about due for a Blog Candy give-away! I have free stamp set (Summertime) to give away - but, the more entries I receive, the more goodies I will add to the stash! There are a couple of ways you can get entered for a chance to win - the more you do, the more entries you get - I will draw a winner on Sunday, May 10th. Here is how you can enter:
  • Join me tomorrow for a fun Blog Hop - we (myself and over 40 other CTMH Consultants) will be featuring some of the new products from the NEW Summer Idea Book. Take a look at all the fabulous new creations and tell me what your favorite new product is! Post your comment/entry on the Blog Hop post.

  • Post a link on your blog telling others about my Blog Candy and the Blog Hop.

  • Leave a comment on this post and tell me what your favorite craft is, why you enjoy it, how you got started, and how long you've been doing it. If you're a CTMH Consultant, tell me how long you've been with CTMH and how you got started.

***

Here's my story: My favorite craft is scrapbooking. I have always enjoyed various crafts - my mom is very crafty and we were always trying new things, like bead making and other clay fun, knitting or crochetting (sp?), paper making, oragami, etc. Surprisingly, it wasn't her that got me into scrapbooking, though, it was actually my Aunt Debi.

***

So I started scrapbooking in High School and tried to keep with it even after I got married and started having kids. Our first few years we were renting and moving a lot, so I only did maybe one page a year. Well, in 2004 we finally bought our first house and I finally had my own craft room (which was also our guest room) and a huge basement. So I started hosting Mommy Craft Days where Moms would get together to craft or visit and the kids would play.

***

After I had been doing that for a few months, my friend Randi told me there was something I would be perfect for - her friend in Casper was a CTMH Consultant and was trying to get someone here to do it. I had never heard about CTMH so she sent me a little bit of information that I looked over but didn't put a lot of thought into...until April 2005 when she contacted me again and let me know that there was a really great special going on and I could sign up for 1/2 the price. I thought about it a lot, and finally, at the end of the month, decided to sign up just for the consultant discount. Well a few days later I received my Consultant kit, which was the first time I had ever seen any of the CTMH products in person, and I was hooked! The products were such a great quality and more affordable than I thought they would be, and I instantly fell in love. I didn't think I would get into the stamps as much since I already had quite a collection of wooden stamps, but the Acrylix Stamps were irresistable!

***

I had my Jump Start party and introduced CTMH to this area and the rest is history! When I started, I was the only Consultant in this area, and I now am an Executive Manager of the Scrap Happens Team with 12 wonderful ladies as my downline. CTMH continues to amaze me with all the fabulous new products with each new Idea Book - its been fun! Besides scrapbooking, I have also started getting more into the cardmaking side of stamping. Close To My Heart definitely makes it faster, simpler, easier!

***

Now let's hear your story!

7 comments:

LaRon and jNae said...

I DO NOT scrap book (as you mentioned above) but I do collect paper and stamps ;-)

and yarn

and fabric

and recipes

and OH, did I mention I'm a blog stalker.

Love you!
jMommy
(after reading all the terms and conditions of your drawing, since I'm family I don't qualify)

Ryan and Melissa said...

My story: not near as exciting or good as yours! Scrapbooking would be my favorite craft, also. I started in high school (and look back at those pages and would like to redo them!) I don't even know what got me hooked or started. I didn't do much during college, but have always loved it. I just need some more space so I can spread out like you, Jena! You inspire me! ;)

Amy Pitts said...

Aww....happy aniversary and happy blogoversary. I love your blog and your art work rocks.

I have been a scrapbooker for many years. I think 14 then I fell in love with stamping and became a demonstator for 4 years. I missed my scrapping so I realized that CTMH would be a much better fit! I signed up last July to become a consultant and am having so much fun and have met so many wonderful people who I have become friends with. I love CTMH and acrylic stamps...love them too!

Vicki Wizniuk said...

I'm enjoying the blog hop this morning... wish I could have joined in, but I finally just got my new product order two days ago... boy am I excited! Everything is so awesome!

So... how did I get started as a Consultant??? It's kinda lame, but here goes. I was at my BFFs house for coffee one morning, and a friend of ours came over toting a new Fall/Winter 2005 CTMH Idea Book, you know, the one with the fall leaves and the little girl with the blonde curly hair wearing an off-white hoodie sweater, holding a pumpkin? I looked through that book, even borrowed it for awhile, and fell in love with scrapbooking! I signed up within a week to be a Consultant. Now, keep in mind that I had never even scrapbooked before, but it called to me. And now I'm an addict! lol
Congrats on your 4 years with CTMH and your 1st year blogaversary! I'm heading off to continue my journey... :)

Linda said...

Hi! My name is Linda, I am also a CTMH consultant! I started out making cards a few years ago, and started a paper collection... I had a few scrapbooks laying around that were empty, but never thought of making any pages.... Until that day, in February, when I was surfing around the net looking for more card making paper that I stumbled upon CTMH. I had never seen this company before, and FELL IN LOVE INSTANTLY! I didn't place an order for almost another week, and 3 days after the order was placed, I decided to get myself signed up. I used the consultant locator, only to find that the nearest one I found was a 2 hour drive from me! This girl took it upon herself to post a message on the bulletin board to help me find someone a little closer, and within a few days, I was a new consultant. Here I am, 2 months later, having a ball! Sales are great, I've already hit STTT level 2, and have my bachelor's! As soon as I'm done with this comment, I have to go and design a layout for a party this Saturday using Silhouette. Congrats on your blog!! I'm going to leave a comment on my blog too!

Carolynn said...

Hey Jena! Have I mentioned lately how much I love your blog. It really inspires me. It has also made me think hard this week about my favorite craft. I can't narrow it down. I've been crafting for as long as I could walk, I think. But lately I have really been enjoying making cards. I love trying to capture people's personality in the card that I want to send them. But I have caught a little scrapbook bug lately and hope to run a bit with that. :)

Camie Rae said...

My story is that I just love you!