Saturday, August 1, 2009

SOTM Blog Hop!

Welcome to our Stamp of the Month Blog Hop! We will be featuring August's SOTM, which is called It's Your Day, a set of 26 stamps.
***
This is the beginning of the hop - I hope you'll check out each of the participating blogs - this month we have 64 Close To My Heart Consultants sharing their creations using this month's SOTM and other great CTMH products on their blogs. This is simple to do - just click on the link at the end of the post on each blog to move to the next one! Here we go!
***
Since I'm always making birthday cards, this was the perfect stamp set to play with - I have three samples to share with you today!

***
Wishes Pattern - Gallery

I made the following card for my nephew who just turned 8 in July - I used one of Jeanette's Color Me Monday challenges, I just left out the color Bamboo. I used the cake layers to create a frame around the sentiment. Colors used: Clover Meadow, White Daisy, Heavenly Blue




Wishes Pattern - Lower Layers

I made this one for my mom's husband who also had a birthday in July. I struggle with masculine cards but I was pleased with how this one turned out - I love those Back Country papers!




I made the following card for a friend back in May for her birthday - I used two challenges for this card, a kwernerdesign color challenge and a Mojo Monday sketch challenge. I did a lot of dry embossing and sanding on this card - I stamped the bow stamp on the back of the Hollyhock paper, then traced with a stylus and sanded the front to create the starburst look. I added punched circles of Sunflower to the centers. Colors used: Hollyhock, Sunflower, Chocolate






***

I hope you have enjoyed your visit here - now "Hop" on over to Kristie's Blog to see her work! Be sure to visit all the Consultants at their Blogs to get some great crafting ideas and other fun ideas! Remember, the August SOTM is only available until August 31st! Contact your CTMH Consultant (or click here) to see how you can get this stamp set at a discount or even free!
***
If you get lost on the hop or find links that aren't working, here is a complete list of participating blogs:


Jena DeVries ~ http://livelovelaughscrapbook.blogspot.com/2009/08/sotm-blog-hop.html
Kristie Horness-Herdener ~ http://goofyscrapper.blogspot.com/2009/07/its-here.html
Carla Ironside ~ http://carlacreates.blogspot.com/2009/08/ctmh-august-stamp-of-month-blog-hop.html
Deb Young ~ http://scrapbookczar.blogspot.com/2009/08/ctmhs-august-stamp-of-month-blog-hop.html
Alanna Moses ~ http://damoses.blogspot.com/2009/08/its-your-day.html
Paige Dolecki ~ http://paigespaperparadise.blogspot.com/2009/07/ctmh-its-your-day-august-sotm-blog-hop.html
Wendy Kessler ~ http://www.myscrapbookingblog.com/2009/08/01/ctmh-august-2009-sotm-blog-hop/
Heather Painchaud ~ http://twindragonflydesigns.blogspot.com/2009/07/august-blog-hop.html
Helen Onulak ~ http://www.hookedonstamping.com/index.php/cards/august-stamp-of-the-month-blog-hop/
Barbra Otten ~ barbraotten.blogspot.com
Haley Dyer ~ http://inkyscrapper.blogspot.com/2009/08/august-close-to-my-heart-stamp-of-month.html
Nona Davenport ~ http://nonapearl.blogspot.com/2009/07/august-stamp-of-month-blog-hop.html
Michelle Robinson ~ http://amaizenbluelady.typepad.com/my_crazy_scrappin_times/2009/08/august-ctmh-stamp-of-the-month-blog-hop.html
Cindy Leek ~ http://paperspadsandpictures.blogspot.com/2009/07/ctmh-august-stamp-of-month-blog-hopa.html
Melissa Laverty ~ http://fancymelissa.blogspot.com/2009/08/its-your-day-ctmh-august-stamp-of-month.html
Katy Donaldson ~ http://scrappinkaty.blogspot.com/2009/08/its-your-day-blog-hop.html
Amy McVey ~ http://clearlystamping.blogspot.com/2009/08/august-stamp-of-month-blog-hop.html
Tammy Lea Pinchard ~ http://creativeimpressions-pinchme.blogspot.com/2009/07/august-blog-hop.html
Leslie Markland ~ pandascrapper.blogspot.com
Judy Burger ~ makingtimeformemories.blogspot.com
Laurie R Newton ~ scrapsfromthebeach.blogspot.com
Kami Welter ~ http://scrappin4memories.blogspot.com/2009/08/august-stamp-of-month-blog-hop.html
Tracy Oleksak ~ http://mamaolie.blogspot.com/2009/08/ctmh-august-stamp-of-month-blog-hop.html
Karen Norman ~ http://gettinscrappywithit.blogspot.com/2009/07/welcome-to-our-stamp-of-month-blog-hop.html
Chris Shouse ~ http://houseostamps.wordpress.com/2009/07/31/blog-hop-august-stamp-of-the-month/
Cibele Glazer ~ http://flowerfoot.blogspot.com/2009/08/its-your-day-august-stamp-of-month-blog.html
Debra Van Patten ~ memoriesoftheheartbydeb.blogspot.com
Terrie Dodd ~ http://my-life-in-real-time.blogspot.com/2009/07/welcome-to-august-sotm-blog-hop.html
Jamia Bankhead ~ http://papermadnessinc.blogspot.com/2009/07/its-blog-hop-time.html
Anne Beck ~ http://anniemuses.blogspot.com/2009/08/sotm-blog-hop.html
Jennifer Patrick ~ http://roxybonds-scrappin.blogspot.com/2009/07/august-stamp-of-month-blog-hop.html
Laurie Levnik ~ http://creationsbylaurie.blogspot.com/2009/07/august-stamp-of-month-blog-hop_31.html
Lori Miller ~ http://clearlyfromtheheart.blogspot.com/2009/07/august-sotm-blog-hop-its-your-day.html
Brae Montgomery ~ thebrae-er.blogspot.com
Dawn Ross – ~ http://iamahappystamper.blogspot.com/2009/08/august-stamp-of-month-blog-hop.html
Dawn Slipcevic ~ dawnscrapsalot.blogspot.com
Barbara Harris ~ http://paper-creations117.blogspot.com/2009/07/close-to-my-heart-stamp-of-month-blog.html
Carol Taggio ~ craftycarol55.blogspot.com
Jill Lucas ~ scrapwench.blogspot.com
Chris Green ~ http://createwithchris.blogspot.com/2009/08/august-2009-stamp-of-month-blog-hop.html
Nancy Ball ~ http://ballisticdesign.blogspot.com/2009/07/august-sotm-blog-hop.html
Dawn Heuft ~ http://stamptildawn.blogspot.com/2009/08/august-sotm-blog-hop.html
Kelly Triggs ~ http://stampinallday.blogspot.com/2009/08/august-blog-hop.html
Beth Naumann ~ http://bethscreativeblock.blogspot.com/2009/07/august-sotm-blog-hop.html
Antoinette Herrin ~ http://godblessyourart.blogspot.com/2009/08/august-stamp-of-month-blog-hop.html
Jessica Booth ~ jessicabooth.blogspot.com
Jen Rubio ~ http://jenrubio.blogspot.com/2009/07/august-sotm-blog-hop.html
Misty Jackson ~ http://misstscraps.blogspot.com/2009/08/august-sotm-blog-hop.html
Adeline E. Brill ~ adeline-brill.blogspot.com
Lori Leng ~ http://pinkcloudscrappers.blogspot.com/2009/08/august-stamp-of-month-blog-hop.html
Pam Klassen ~ eimmap.blogspot.com
Pamela OConnor ~ http://cherishyourmemories.blogspot.com/2009/08/stamp-of-month-blog-hop-its-your-day.html
Jennifer Royal ~ http://craftroyalty.blogspot.com/2009/07/august-ctmh-stamp-of-month-blog-hop.html
Shannon Pelletier ~ http://mycolorfulworldinvt.blogspot.com/2009/08/august-sotm-blog-hop.html
Sherry Thompson ~ http://picturespatternsandpaper.blogspot.com/2009/08/its-your-day-august-sotm-blog-hop-with.html
Maricar Harris ~ http://maricarharris.blogspot.com/2009/08/august-sotm-blog-hop-its-your-day.html
Traci Godbee ~ createwithtraci.blogspot.com
Laura Dame ~ http://thecroppersconnection.blogspot.com/2009_08_01_archive.html#8855966204936587655
Miranda Kurz ~ http://www.scrampinwithmiranda.com/
Leisa Hubley ~ http://bigredscraps.blogspot.com/2009/07/ctmh-august-stamp-of-month-blog-hop.html
Julia Menssen ~ http://ralphandjulia.blogspot.com/2009/08/ctmh-august-stamp-of-month-blog-hop.html
Jan Moxey~ scrapandstamp4ever.blogspot.com
Jody Gustafson ~ http://cre8nmemories.blogspot.com/2009/07/august-blog-hop.html

15 comments:

Lori said...

Very nice cards. I especially like your dry embossing card. Love the little starbursts.

Cindy said...

Great cards and thanks so much for coordinating the Blog Hop!

Cibele Glazer said...

I loved each card Jena! You have been a busy bee with the challenges.

Pandascrapper said...

great cards, really like the colors on the first one.

Alanna said...

All of your cards are fantastic Jena. Great job with these. I hope you don't mind me pointing this out but I did see in your post that you talk about it being the July SOM and that it's only available until 7/31 in case you wanted to fix that.

Thanks again for being a great hostess.

Misty said...

Very nice job!

Carla said...

Cute cards Jena!! The Back Country one is my favorite!

Paige Dolecki said...

I love the pink card! I like how you combined the dry embossing with a contrasting dot!

Paige

Traveling Bells said...

Great job (especially) on that masculine card!
Haley Dyer's mom...

Adeline E. Brill said...

Such a versatile selection of artwork - perfect for this stamp set.

Beth aka BR-T said...

Everything looks wonderful! BR-T

Barbara said...

Wow....so nice!!!
I'm still revisiting all of my SOTM blog buddies to leave a comment...this is fun.

Deborah Young said...

Great cards, Jena!!! Very creative. Thanks for hosting!

Kelly said...

Great cards! Love them!

Lori said...

Jena, I'm a CTMH consultant also. How can I participate in your blog hops?