Here is yet another Studio J layout that I gave to my mom for Christmas. For this layout, I played around with the embellishments and the different things you can do with those - I have a couple of tips to make them easier to work with as well!
I love that I can mix journaling with alpha Stickease easily - notice here how I used white journaling, you can't do that with a traditional layout, at least I've never been able to before! It was so easy to get it in just the right spot and just the right size.
***
For this layout I turned the half circle into a flower using brads. On a traditional layout this would have been extremely time consuming, and even placing each brad individually digitally would have taken forever if I hadn't used the following tip. First, I created one 'petal' - then I selected all the brads in that petal (press Ctrl to select a group as you click on each one). At the top next to the Undo and Redo buttons, click Copy and then Paste. I was able to do that 5 times and just rotate it and place it exactly where I wanted to - piece of cake! The first time it didn't line up how I wanted it but it wasn't a big deal to just go in and adjust each group until it turned out just how I wanted it.
Another tip with the embellishments is getting them to line up - if you look at my stitches on both pages, I placed the stitches, then I selected them all (press Ctrl to select a group) and as I selected multiple embellishments, more options were available in the tool box. Your options are 'Distribute Vertical', 'Distribute Horizontal', 'Align Vertically', and 'Align Horizontally', along with your option to change the color or delete. With just the click of a button you can get them to line up perfectly straight! The great thing is, if you don't like it, the Undo button comes to the rescue!
Check back soon for more Studio J tips and tricks - I will also be having a Studio J training at my Open House on the 21st - contact me at jvdevries22@hotmail.com if you want more information on that! I'd love to show you how!
And if you haven't tried Studio J out, yet, what are you waiting for? It's free to try - you don't pay for anything unless you decide to order some layouts or become a member. I never thought I would ever like digital scrapbooking, but Studio J proved me wrong!
Thanks for looking!



3 comments:
I never thought of using brads for flower petals!! Great idea!!!
Delina
dewthis.blogspot.com
How cuuuute! Love how your spread turned out!! Thanks for sharing!
Very cute! Looking at the layout you can't tell it's a digital. :)
Post a Comment