Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Teacher Appreciation

Here is what the girls made for their teachers during Teacher Appreciation week.  Brailee drew a picture - here she is still in her jammies and hair not brushed ;-)
This is the card I made for Amy, who is Brailee and Trysten's preschool teacher - we love her!  I used the Wings paper pack, You & Me stamp set for the flourish and pennants, Solo U and Tiny Typewriter stamp sets for the letters on the banner.  I finished it off with some Sparkles.
Brianna's teacher loves purple and butterflies so Brianna is always coming up with something along those lines.  She loves to do 3D projects with the butterflies - for Valentines she found a fun pop up/easel card idea that we incorporated (wish I'd taken a picture!), and here we did a different pop up project.  Her teacher had cleaned out her closet that week and given various leftover supplies to her students - Brianna got this folio and a butterfly cut-out.  So Brianna decorated both and put them together to create this:

Her teacher liked it so much she wants to put it in the fair.

Kaylee made some paper flowers for her teacher and their 'Grandma' helper.  They loved her flowers so much that she got to teach her class how to make them!
Kaylee was inspired by these cards that I was making that week - we love making these paper flowers!  The card on the left uses the Sophia papers, You & Me stamp set, Opaque Pearls, and Designer Tab card pattern from Wishes.  The card on the right uses the Bliss papers, For Every Occassion stamp set, and I have since changed out the Opaque Pearl gem in the center of the flower for a brown one from the Mocha assortment for more contrast (I just couldn't find my Mocha ones when I first created my cards).  I used the Upper Level Focus card pattern from Originals.
Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Awesome, just awesome! I'll bet those teachers loved everything!