Thursday, July 7, 2011

Summer Vacation - Week #4

Yikes, this week really got away from me!  I'd better do a quick catch up before I get any further behind.  I want to make sure I don't forget a thing from our fun filled summer!  Don't feel bad if you don't read though it all, I just do this for my own journal's sake!
MONDAY
This morning was our craft morning - once again Kaylee woke up early to pack Daddy's lunch so she went back to bed and missed our craft, so I let Brianna and Brailee pick what they wanted to do.  Brailee wanted to make cards for her friends and she found this old rubbing set of mine from when I was a kid and got to work creating and coloring!
Brianna got a new journal the weekend before, but it was just a plain black journal so I told her we could jazz it up so I pulled out my scrapbooking supplies and we came up with something together.  First we found a big chipboard letter 'B'.
We embossed it with Heavenly Blue Embossing Powder.
Then we tied it with ribbon and added black brads.
Using Liquid Glass we attached it to the front of her journal - voila!
This morning we also became cat owners - gasp!  A couple months ago a friend's cat had kittens and I told her we would take a couple to help with our mouse problem in the garage (so glad we've never had any in the house - yuck!).  This Monday was the day she delivered them to us.  It's funny though because we used to catch at least a couple mice every week but we haven't caught any since around the time we first started seeing snakes.  We haven't seen any snakes since our last sighting - knock on wood!  The cats aren't really social cats which is fine with me because I am NOT a cat person, but the girls wish they could pet them and play with them.
This picture is out of focus (on the cats anyway) but it was hard to get a good picture because they would dash inside their little shed the minute we step outside.  One of them has brown paws and the girls named her Ginger - the other has white paws and the girls named her Snowflake.
That afternoon the older girls had Adventure Camp and then that evening Brianna had a baseball game - busy, busy!
TUESDAY
We took it pretty easy this morning just hanging out at home but then that afternoon the girls had Adventure Camp and we decided to join them.  They were going to Legend Rock, a Petroglyph Site, and we hadn't been yet so I wanted to check it out, too. 
Trysten stopped by each sign and pointed to the letter 'T' on each one and would say, 'T for Trysten!' - it was so cute!
It was a really neat site - I'm glad we got to tag along!  That night Kaylee had softball - seems like we live at the ball fields right now!
WEDNESDAY
This was our playgroup day - we met at a picnic shelter in the state park and did 4th of July crafts and activities.  Here are the girls making fireworks by blowing paint with a straw and then adding some glitter.
We hadn't seen the cats since we got them so we wondered if they were still around - we finally saw them that afternoon while the older girls were at Adventure Camp.  They don't seem to like the inside of the shed anymore, and I don't blame them - we've been wanting to tear it down or burn it since we moved here but have been unable to move it so far.  The previous owners used it for their cats and dogs and it stinks!  Anyway, we now always see them under the shed instead.

THURSDAY
No pictures today - we spent the morning cleaning then that afternoon the older girls went to Adventure Camp and then that evening Kaylee had softball again.
FRIDAY, SATURDAY, SUNDAY
I didn't take any pics this weekend because we were so busy.  Friday was David's birthday - he was going to take the day off, but they only had to work half the day because of the upcoming holiday so he saved his vacation day for another time.  He got home around lunchtime and we headed to a nearby town to buy fireworks.  Once we got home we started working on Brianna's room again.  It's been so busy we haven't got it done as soon as we thought we would.  We decided to celebrate his birthday on Sunday so we'd have more time to work on her room the rest of the weekend.  We did take a little break that night to light off a few fireworks - mostly just bottle rockets and Black Cats, just to get the weekend started.  Saturday was spent working on the room and picking up supplies - the kids enjoyed some downtime for them with nowhere to go and nothing to do for once.  Sunday we went to church but David brought Brailee home early because she had a tummy ache before church and then fell asleep during Sacrament Meeting, but she was feeling much better by that afternoon.  That night we had a yummy dinner and made some Birthday Cake Ice Cream to finally celebrate David's birthday.  The ice cream was delicious - so glad I finally found a good recipe that doesn't call for eggs - will be using this recipe from now on!
***
I hope you enjoyed your week - thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

LaRon and jNae said...

looks like another fun-filled week! how far away are the petroglyphs? those are COOOOL! can't wait to see you all in just a few days and have some adventures together. love you!!! gMaNae