I started and scheduled this post last week - wanted it to post on time and not get any further behind or forget anything! Here we go again!
MONDAY
Happy Independence Day! We spent the day still working on Brianna's room, but I still fit in craft day with the girls when I wasn't running to town getting supplies. We made patriotic flower clips.
Trysten thought it was pretty funny to pose with a flower, too!
The older girls raided my flower stash and thought it would be more fun to put together some flower arrangements - here they are with their creations.
Trysten decided he wanted to craft too - he grabbed one of my mini glue guns and plugged it in in the piano room - I didn't realize it until I heard him scream from the other room and found him with gold glittery hot glue stuck to his finger. He has quite the blister!
I finally took a chance to put together this flower holder that I saw on a friend's blog when she posted pictures of her new baby girl's room - I bought a cheap frame and used some fabric from an old worn out pillowcase that I had saved - it doesn't match the bathroom perfectly and I didn't pull it tight enough but with the flowers on there you can't tell anyway!
This looks much better - so glad to have a place to hang their flower clips finally instead of them getting stuffed into a drawer. I just wish I could have found a bigger frame, there's not enough room!
Lunchtime we took a break. Trysten fell asleep on the kitchen floor - odd.
Here's David covered in texture splatter and playing Angry Birds on his break ;-)
These two had a snapper war
That night we did all the rest of our fireworks - except for a box that we completely forgot about ;-P we're saving it for Brianna's birthday, now!
She looks a little nervous here but she really wasn't - nobody was scared of the fireworks this year, the girls all lit some too (under adult supervision of course).
Trysten didn't like the smoke getting in his eyes.
Our favorite parts - 1 - that we got to light fireworks from our house (we never got to do that in our old house) and 2 - that we lit them from our house AND got to watch the town firework show all at the same time - you can see some in the background.
TUESDAY
This day we were back to our regularly scheduled program ;-) David went back to work after a productive long weekend, and the older girls had an all day Adventure Camp that day. They were really tired getting up so early after staying up late on the 4th, but they did great! I had to wake up the two little ones to head to town and drop off the girls, but we came back home, ate breakfast and headed in to go swimming for our own adventure.
Trysten got a picture of me blowing up floaties...and his fingers ;-)
Here we were just getting ready to head down the big outdoor slide - we were sliding fools that day, I don't even know how many times we went down both the indoor and outdoor slides. Actually I didn't go down the indoor slide at all, Trysten decided he was a big boy and did it all by himself. Each time he would come up out of the water he would say, 'Try again!' He would have gone down the big outdoor slide by himself if I would have let him! I think these two spent more time going down the slides than they did in the actual pool!
I do let Brailee go down the big slide by herself. She usually squeals and giggles the whole way down so I can hear her coming.
We had so much fun - love our pool options here in this town!
That night Kaylee had another softball game - she did really well the inning she played at pitcher - she helped with all three of their outs. She fielded two balls and threw the ball to first to get the runner out, and then she caught a pop fly for the third out. She had some nice hits, too!
WEDNESDAY
We started off with a busy morning - we headed into town for Brianna's Birthday appointment. She got her hair cut, added a feather, and got her ears pierced! I had her scheduled to get her nails done but she informed me that she does not like her nails painted, so she did the feather instead.
Brailee wanted to take a picture, too.
I thought it was funny she puffed her cheeks to brace herself and deal with the pain ;-) They didn't have much luck with this first ear - the first time the earing didn't go in, then the second time the back didn't go on, third time they thought they got it. Turns out they didn't - after I picked up Brianna from Adventure Camp that evening she told me it was loose and then the back fell off again, so I tried to snap it back on there but it wouldn't lock so we quickly ran to the salon to get it fixed before they closed. Apparently it was defective and they snapped on a new one instead. So far so good!
Here she is getting ready for the pain just from her experience with the first one - it wasn't so bad though, she says!
Trysten had fun watching...through the reflection.
She was so excited they had a blue feather - can you see it in there?
After we arrived at the salon, Kaylee walked over to the library for the start of their summer reading program. Once Brianna was done with her appointment we joined them. After that we headed to the park for playgroup - we took blankets and books and lunch and just relaxed on the lawn. From there the older girls walked to Adventure Camp, and the rest of us stayed at the park for a little longer. Then we headed home and Brailee took a much needed nap! Then we picked up the girls and headed to Brianna's last baseball game - actually her team's last game is Friday but we are going to be gone, so this was her last one.
Sometimes she's a little goofy!
We spent the rest of the night packing and getting ready to head to our Family Reunion - which will probably get a post all of it's own so this one isn't too long!
THURSDAY
After I fixed David's breakfast and sent him off to work, I finally finished up last week's Summer Vacation post and started on this one. We are going to finish packing this morning and then the girls will head to Adventure Camp before we leave for the weekend - stay tuned for more pictures!
***
I hope you're enjoying your summer - thanks for visiting!


































2 comments:
I love that you are keeping track of all the fun things you guys are doing this summer!! Such a good idea! Also, the flower holder is SUPER cute! Love it! And your little buddy reminds me so much of Ian...I feel like they would get along beautifully! Miss ya!
Great pictures You have adorable kids. I love the one with Tristan and the flower.
Post a Comment