As I mentioned in my last post, I have been sewing a lot over the last couple of weeks. I have been complaining lately about not having a fabric store, which is funny because I didn't sew this much when I lived close to one. Maybe it's good that there's not one close since I don't currently have a designated sewing area so my sewing mess has taken over our living room. I have a 'craft area' set up in the basement, but it's an unfinished basement and the lighting isn't very good. Down there I have lots of lamps set up for scrapbooking but I need a lot more light for sewing which is why I have a table set-up in our living room upstairs. It's been fun to get so many projects done but I would like to get the room back to normal!
***
Here are a few more of my recent sewing projects - lots of fun skirts!
For Kaylee and Brianna's I used some of their old pants for the tops of their skirts. Kaylee's fun purple and black animal print was in the discounted/leftover bin at WalMart. Her skirt was inspired by this one found HERE (pinned HERE) I just made it a lot longer for an older girl. Brianna's skirt I just made up as I went - I thought this one would be a little trickier since I had no pattern and was also adding a lining to the inside, but it went together perfectly. I haven't taken a good picture of the style of that one and the wind was blowing with this picture, so it's hard to tell but the ruffle goes along the bottom and then up the one side. Brailee's skirt was super simple - used the pattern found HERE (pinned HERE) only I used the same fabric instead of contrasting patterns.
This was the first skirt I made from old jeans just to make sure I wouldn't mess up. It's an 18 month pair of pants with some fabric that used to be curtains in Bree's old room. Turned out super cute, just wish I had a model to try it on. I will probably give this to my niece who will be turning 2 in July. These things are so fun and easy and such a fun way to use up old jeans.
Oh, and I'm not leaving Trysten out - I made him these comfy jammie bottoms from an old pair of David's jammie bottoms. I used the bottom of the legs of the original bottoms so I didn't have to sew the inseam or hem them - just sewed the two legs together, made the exposed Wyoming Cowboy elastic smaller and sewed it to the top. Super simple!
This is one of the latest skirts - I LOVE this fabric (also found in the discounted/leftover bin at WalMart). There was 1 yard and I got this skirt and a tie for Trysten (that I will share later) out of this piece. I used this pattern for a fun circle skirt found HERE (pinned HERE). I wish these didn't take so much fabric, I would love to make one for me and the older girls. If I find some good material I might do it with the two pieces instead of one circle.
They are perfect twirling skirts ;-)
Well that's it again for today, but I'm not done sharing yet! Stay tuned and thanks for visiting!





2 comments:
Awesome Jena! Look at you go! And there's more to come? Yipppeee! Judging by the happy faces, your kids are also happy with your sewing set up. While you may lament not having a fabric store nearby, and may not be thrilled at having to do so, you sure are creative with where you do get some of your fabrics! Such perseverance and creativity, I'm awed by your resourcefulness!
Keep up the great work!
Super cute! I can't believe how crafty and talented you are!
Post a Comment