Friday, July 25, 2008

They did it!

Here is what the girls learned to do while at the reunion - they finally learned how to ride their bikes with no training wheels - I'm so proud! The grass was the perfect place to teach them, so they didn't get hurt if they fell, plus they weren't scared to try. Kaylee only needed to be pushed by Daddy once and then she had it from then on. Brianna had a harder time petalling on the grass with those little tires, so she needed pushes just to get started, but neither of them needed us to hold on to them to help them balance, they did great! So the day after Kaylee learned, we decided to go on a family bike ride. Well, Kaylee crashed, big time, and really scraped up her leg and cried that she would never, ever ride her bike again. But the next day she was brave enough to try again, and we practiced using her brakes more, and now she's riding like she has been doing it for months.



With all of their cousins around riding around up there with no training wheels, it was a great incentive for the girls. I'd tried before, but Kaylee was always too scared. Brianna wanted to learn a couple months ago, but that was when I was so drained and I had a hard time with Brailee on the loose, too. Anyway, we came home and Brianna practiced a little on some cement and now she can start herself with no problems. I can hardly keep them OFF the bikes, now, they are so excited with what they have learned!


Thanks for letting me share!

1 comment:

Camie Rae said...

Cute Jena! Yay for them! They are getting so big! I can't even believe it! But YAY!