Wednesday, June 24, 2009

5 Months Old


Trysten is now 5 months old and he is getting so big - he won't go in for another appointment until he is 6 months old, but I'm guessing he weighs around 18 pounds now. He can sit up by himself for a little while - he mostly likes to lean forward on his hands, as you can see in the picture above. He loves to play with toys, and he especially likes to stick things in his mouth! This last Sunday at church he was just fascinated with Grandpa's tie and kept grabbing it and trying to suck on it. He has also found his thumb - it was always his fist he sucked on before, but now he will occassionally get his thumb in there by itself. It's funny because my first two never did a binky or the thumb, and believe me, we tried, but my last two sure have liked both! He is still so smiley and that is usually the first thing people notice about him - he has a smile for everyone! He loves his sisters and they love to make him laugh. He is still such a good boy and he has been sleeping through the night every night for the last two weeks! We tried to start him on some cereal - he didn't hate it but he's not quite ready for it. I can't believe how fast my baby is growing up!

7 comments:

Jeanne said...

You must smile all day long at that sweet, happy face! And that last shot, absolutely precious!

Alanna said...

Jena, your boy is sooooo cute. Love his smile.

LaRon and jNae said...

I love to see all of your sweet smiling faces. I'm in love with each one of you!!!

XOXO,
gMa Nae

Anonymous said...

Jena - he is absolutely adorable! So sweet! I just love those smiles :) I remember so well those days...

Denise said...

I have to comment on growing fast, my son was 4 1/2 pounds when he came home from the hospital, now he is pushing 185 and entering high school!

That is fast!

Denise Wells
mamascollections@aol.com

Ramsey said...

OMGoodness, Jena! He is getting so big! He is sooo cute too! Really starting to look like Brailee, I think!

Haley D., the Inky Scrapper said...

What a cutie-patootie! I could just eat him up!