Thursday, August 13, 2009

PageMaps - Apron Strings sketch contest


I used the following sketch from the PageMaps Blog's latest contest and created this page for Trysten's 7 Month Calendar page. This contest was supposed to have a summer theme - I think the only way it qualifies is the fact that the picture was taken in the summer ;-) as it has more of a baby theme to me! But it's been a while since I've entered their contests so it was fun to try again!

This is where I got a little ahead of myself - usually for his calendar pages I like to use a picture that was taken close to the 24th so I can get a good month in between pictures, but I just loved this picture way too much and had to use it, even though this picture was only taken one week after his 6 month page picture. Isn't he just the cutest! This was another super quick page - all I had to cut was the circles and photo mat and the stamping was fast and easy - you can tell I did it quickly as I got some of my 'stitches' crooked, but I like how it turned out. Oops - I just noticed on all the calendar pages that I posted this week that I forgot to add my filler squares - I'm off to do that now!
Products Used (All CTMH): Stardust Paper Pack, Circle Around stamp set, Rustic Numbers, Hodge Podge Alphabet, Comments stamp set.
***
I have one more page from Trysten's calendar to post tomorrow so I hope you're not sick of it and will come back to see more! Thanks for looking!
***
Oh, and if you'd like to check out all the calendar pages, you can view them at the following links:
Birth Month

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

I just love that you do this for your kids. Trysten is one of THE cutest babies I've ever seen.

Great work! Keep sharing, please. *Ü*

Erica said...

his face is just adorable ...great page too!

Stacy Milford said...

your little guy is just so stinkin' cute! Great job on the sketch too!

Jenn said...

Adorable layout!! He is TOO cute!!