...this isn't one that I did as a child, but I've done them with my kids for almost 8 years now, so I consider them an old favorite. These are Cascarones, or Confetti Eggs - you may remember me mentioning them when I posted pictures from last year's Easter Egg Hunt. First you hollow out the eggs (I use a spoon to break the fat end, then carefully peel away the shell and dump the insides in a bowl to use for scrambled eggs) and rinse them and let them dry, then you color them (we like to use markers, or you could use traditional egg coloring)...just be careful because they break easily! We had a lot more eggs when we started but thanks to a couple of mishaps, this is all we ended up with!
Then you fill them with confetti and cover the end with tissue paper - we attach the tissue paper with a glue/water mixture. They are a little bit of work, but it sure is fun to smash them over someone's head!
...another old favorite - some fun, washcloth bunnies
...and this one is a new project - we made these last year at Story Time at the Library so I decided it would be a fun gift for Grandparents for Easter. They are Handprint Lilies - a bouquet that lasts forever! I didn't want to mail them, so it's a good thing they last forever because it will be until the next time we see some of the Grandparents before they get theirs ;-P 
...and since I haven't shared any pictures here in family quite a while, here we all are in our Easter fashions! This picture was actually taken the week before Easter since General Conference was this week. So we didn't have to get dressed up for church on Sunday - we had a nice lazy day together - recovering from our busy Spring Break week!











8 comments:
SO Cute!! I love the girls Easter Dresses. I still have my washcloth bunnies. It is actually my centerpiece for my table.
I absolutely LOVE the family picture at the end!! You guys are such a cute family!
It's also adorable how the girls sunglasses match their dresses. What a fun idea!
Awww they all look darling. My little one wore polka dots too. I loved the glasses and your little guy is getting so big!!
OMG how sweet! Love all your photos Jena!! The unbrella one is just too cute, Your little guy is getting so big. TFS your family!!
Hugs!!
Jena! Your family has got to be one of the most beautiful I've seen! LOVE the girls Easter outfits. Polka dots are so happy! Trysten is getting SO big and you and your hubby look so content and happy (or maybe thankful to sit down after getting the kids ready...LOL)
I have really enjoyed seeing your projects. Those eggs took me right back to elementary school...to a Cinco De Mayo celebration that was put on and we made those eggs to use then. It was SO fun! I haven't made them since, but wouldn't that be fun. You know I love those bunnies! *Ü*
What a wonderful Easter you had. Thanks so much for sharing!
Such sweet pics - can't believe how big the kids are getting! BTW, did you know Kaylee sits at Kade's table sometimes b/c of Mr. Thompson, but one day Derek and I had lunch w/ Kade and I thought she looked familiar, but so much bigger than the last time I had seen her. Thought I'd share b/c she was all smiles and so polite :) Have a great week!
beautiful pictures, beautiful family! i love you all forever!!!
So I just found your page on a random Scrapbook search and I just couldn't help but tell you how adorable and gorgeous your family is! Your kids are beautiful! I love your fun ideas and layouts too :)
Post a Comment