Wednesday, January 18, 2012

UFO No More!

If you saw my last post, I posted this UFO (Un-Finished Object) that I was going to finish on Tuesday...

... and I am happy to report that it's done and I'm so thrilled!  I don't remember how the original idea board looked at Super Saturday (it was over three years ago) as I ended up with 3 extra rectangle pieces - I'm thinking they were supposed to go behind the F, H, and E but I wasn't liking how it was looking, so I chose to do it this way.  I was going to add some flourishes and more embellishments like fibers or buttons or something, but I decided to keep it simple, and I'm glad I did.  Here is the finished project:

I used Apple Barrel Barn Red paint for the board.  For Christmas I got the Calligraphy Cricut Cartridge, and I used that for my big letters.  I was going to cut the names and other words with the Cricut, also, but decided it would be easier to stamp them.  I used the Felicity stamp set on the names and A Typeface stamp set for the assignment stars.  The papers and Stickease I used came from the retired CTMH Heirloom collection.  After I attached everything I used Liquid Glass to go over the Stickease and the large letters - love the dimension and shine that it adds.

I found another project that I haven't shared here yet.  This was one of my Creative Tuesday projects just before Christmas and I made it for a family gift.
I used the Passages paper and some black grosgrain ribbon.  The name is cut using the CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge, and the date is stamped using the Friendship Small Alphabet.  I attached the Opaques Licorice Gems and the rolled flower (also cut from the Art Philosophy Cartridge) directly to the glass.
Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Jenn Duncan said...

I love the FHE board. I may have to get the instructions from you sometime.