I have had these pictures just sitting on my desk for the last 2 months with this dot paper from Silhouette and some Juniper and Ponderosa Pine CS (since it matches her dance costume so perfectly), but I just wasn't getting the motivation to scrap them - that is, until Marjorie's Color Challenge #38 came along! So I just added Bamboo from Marjorie's color challenge to my original idea, used Black instead of Desert Sand, got to play with my fun new Dazzling Die-Cuts for the first time and hooray, I have another page done! I stamped the Die-Cuts with one of my favorite background stamp sets, Adorable Backgrounds, using Juniper ink, and heat embossed (using Clear EP on Juniper CS) and cut out the title using Friendship Alphabet. I'm not so sure about the 'a' at the end of her name - it seems to get lost to me - what do you think? I'm wishing I had matted the letters on Black CS, but I really didn't want to cut any more ;-) Any suggestions? Also, a very subtle thing I did - I traced each Die-Cut piece using a black marker to give it a very sharp black edge - it's hard to tell in the pic, but it made them pop and I'm glad I decided to do that rather than sponge the edges in black, I really like the clean look. After all that, I ended up with a really quick layout (besides the title cutting which took about 15 minutes) that I'm really pleased with! I forgot to mention, I was inspired by a PageMaps sketch for this one - it's an April 2008 MiniMaps.
***
Thanks for looking!

7 comments:
Love the layout and the dazzling die-cuts. I see what you mean about the 'a' but after having just cut out those letters from that alphabet, I certainly wouldn't want to cut out anymore.
I think it looks great though, how it is. And I love the large scalloped piece and how it is off-center.
I love what you've done with these dazzling diecuts!!! These colors are so lovely together, the black really adds a bit of sophistication and those dresses are darling! Beautiful layout!! Thanks for playing ^_~
Looks like more fun stuff that I'm missing out on. You're a fantastic person & I miss you too. ;)
Oooooh so pretty!
BTW - I tagged you. Normally don't do them, but this one was fun. Check out www.nonapearl.blogspot.com for details. =)
Just beautiful!! Love the colors!
LOVE this layout! Love the colors used!
i love this color combo! You did such a great job with this one. The stamping on the diecuts is fabulous!
Post a Comment