Today after church I had a chance to play - David had some Stake meetings, Brailee was napping, and Kaylee and Brianna were playing so nicely together, so I decided to tackle some challenges. I got these fun new Felt Flurries yesterday from SU! and as soon as I saw them, I knew they would match CTMH's new Tulip color perfectly. Since Marjorie's latest Color Challenge #39 uses Tulip, I decided to give it a try - plus she is also having a Blog Candy Challenge, which is to make a winter themed card, using the sketch she provided, so this card covers both challenges!

I really struggled with this color combo at first...and then I realized that I was trying to use Breeze instead of Ocean ;-P and it just didn't go with Heavenly Blue. Once I got the correct color in there, it went together just fine! I had fun paper piecing these darling snowmen from the Frosty Friends stamp set - I just LOVE snowmen! I added a bit of crimped Topiary for the tree, and a touch of Autumn Terracotta and Sunflower marker for the carrot noses and stars. I really think this is an interesting but darling color combo and I had a lot of fun with it. I also did lots of edge distressing and added some Liquid Applique and Fun Flock on the hat and boots.
***
Thanks for looking!
6 comments:
Oh I love that stamp set-it's one of my all time favorites!
Love the colors! So cute!
TFS>
Love your card Jena. Marjorie always picks such nice color combos. That felt snowflake is too cute. And I can't believe you paper pieced those snowmen. They look great!
Well done!
Cute card, Jena! It seems we have switched seats....I am scrapping and you are stamping! :D
I know I already saw this on the BBs but I had to comment again on how cute this is! Loving the snowmen and how you combined the challenges! I have you down for the blog candy drawing! ^_~ Thanks for playing!
Love your card! You added some fun details with paper piecing and fun flock and liquid applique. Isn't fun to combine two challenges into one? It's our mommy multitasking skills at work! Thanks for your comments on my card too. :-)
Post a Comment