Thursday, January 15, 2009

First Page of the New Year!

It felt so good to finally get a page done this year! I've had this picture sitting on my desk with this paper for at least the last 6 months, just never got the inspiration to do anything with it. Anyway, this month's PageMaps sketch contest is using the following sketch...


I've used this sketch before on this layout, but wanted to try it again since it's one of my favorites. So as I was flipping through my pictures, I came across this one and knew it would be perfect! I didn't notice until now that both layouts using this sketch are swim/water themed ;-P I didn't add as many layers/papers as there are in the sketch since I didn't want to cover up very much of this paper, but I am really pleased with the results! I also flipped the sketch upside down. I didn't plan on the folded corner thing, but when I finished the LO, I noticed some pen scribbles up there (I wonder who the culprit is...) and had to cover them up, and I really like how that turned out, even though it was just an afterthought. Here are my sweet girls - I just love the looks on their faces here - so full of love!



Anyway, enough rambling, here is my layout. I used some paper from We R Memory Keepers (Frenzy - Dither) along with some Summer Celebration Textured Die Cuts, Ocean textured CS for the corner and the scallop circle frame (I cut this with the new Big Coluzzle Circle and then added the scallops using my corner rounder), Orange CS, Summer Carnival Bigger Brads, Love Letters Rub-Ons, white brads, and Today's Date stamp set. Here are some close-ups of the Rub-Ons and folded corner.






Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I LOVE it Jena... you always come up with the cutest darn things. Very very cute!

Unknown said...

Love the tropical colors, the folded corner, the scallops, and every little detail--great layout! Jane in MO

scrapnstamphappy said...

Love this too! I liked your 1st layout w/ this sketch and this one is super cute. The papers are fun and all your added details are fantabulous!

Carolyn said...

Too cute! Love the LO with the bright colors! & congrats on winning your entries. Doesn't surprise me, you do fab work. I love how you did "July" in the corner. :)