So I couldn't decide on an inspiration challenge for this week, until I received this catalog in the mail yesterday - it was just so fun and simple, and inspired me immediately.
I hope you'll joing me in this week's challenge - use it to inspire you to create anything! You can use the colors, theme, layout, whatever you pull from the picture to inspire you! Please leave me a link to your creations so I can post them in a link here so we can all see how you were inspired.

I've loved this PageMaps sketch since it came out earlier this month and I was just waiting for the right picture to use with it. Well, the sun from the catalog inspired me and reminded me of this sketch and I instantly thought of the song, "You are my Sunshine" - so I found this leftover picture that I really wanted to scrap but didn't have room for on the original layout, so here is what I did with it. I used Marjorie's Color Challenge #18 but I added Sunny Yellow and Crystal Blue to go with Brianna's swimsuit and the sun idea. I have since added liquid glass and prisma glitter on her name and the word 'sunshine' to make them stand out more. I used WordArt to print the song lyrics to go with the circle - I think it turned out fun!

Products Used - all CTMH: Pink Carnation B&T paper (retired); Pink Carnation, Crystal Blue, Baby Pink, and Sunny Yellow Sassy Strands; Free Spirit stamp set (I heat embossed the swirls for the sun rays), Sunny Yellow Embossing Powder, Delightful Alphabet; Baby Pink, Pink Carnation, Key Lime, Sunny Yellow, and Crystal Blue CS
Thanks for looking!
5 comments:
Beautiful LO!!! Your little girl is precious and I just love that sun!!! :D
TFS!!!
Jenn
I really love this layout. I need to save it for one of my projects. I also need to do one of your inspiration challenges! :-)
I love the LO! What a cutie pie.
I love this layout! It is so summery and I love summer, just wish it would get here a little faster! (had to turn the heat on again this morning)
i haven't received that deseret book catalog yet, so i'm unfamiliar with the cover~your interpretation of it is simply genius,though! jena, i think it's so awesome to utilize the flourishes as the sunbeams! your work is truly great! i appreciate all of you kind comments on my blog, as well. thanks so much!
abrazos,
bella
Post a Comment