Friday, December 4, 2009

Holiday Trees

Here is another project that the girls and I did over the long Thanksgiving Weekend. This was a Super Saturday project from 3 years ago. I should learn not to sign up for any Super Saturday projects because I never have time to make them there since I am usually teaching at least one class myself, so I always have to take them home and complete them on my own time, which as you can see is usually years later ;-P
***
Anyway, I don't even remember exactly how the original project looked - I think it had plaid stripes painted on the tree pieces - and there was different ribbon and some rafia included in my stashed project kit. But I decided to do it my own way. I used some paper from the Evensong Creative Basics paper that was available last Fall. The girls helped me paint the tree pieces and then we attached the paper and sanded the edges. Then we painted the stars yellow and sprinkled with glitter while it was still wet. I used some different ribbon to finish it off because the ribbon included didn't go with the paper that I decided to use here. The girls and I were happy with how these turned out!
Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Sheila Bennett said...

Those are absolutely adorable trees. You and your girls did a great job. :)

Jeanne said...

What is Super Saturday? Just curious. Sounds like a class of some sort. If this is a type of project you get to create, I'd love to try it.

These trees are absolutely adorable! I love the paper you used and the little bit of ribbon. I especially love that you completed it with your girls (something you might not have been able to do three years ago, so I'm thinking this is perfect timing!) *Ü*

Sharli Schaitberger said...

What a wonderful project - I just LOVE your trees!!!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the trees! And your daughters are beautiful!