Thursday, May 1, 2008

Bed Head

Okay, so this is the layout that was inspired by my Scentsy Warmer - I really liked the dots on it and it reminded me of the paper piercing that I've tried once before. My original plan was to pierce the small dots and punch out the big dots on the Vineyard Berry strips, so you could see the Hollyhock through the holes, but luckily I tried it on a scrap first and it looked better with just the stamped background - no holes - which is a good thing because that would have taken FOREVER! But I still kept with the original inspiration of the dots using the stamp set and the fun brads. I used Marjorie's Color Challenge #14 for this layout.



All products used are from CTMH. I used Hollyhock and Vineyard Berry CS, and Topiary and Breeze Textured CS - I used the back of the textured CS for the lighter shades - I just love that feature! I also used the Spot On Background stamp set (my favorite stamp set from the new Summer Idea Book) - I used it to create the pattern on the Vineyard Berry CS, and to 'stamp kiss' the letters for the title. Other products used: White Bigger Brads, White Regular Brads, White Bitty Brads, Rustic Alphabet, and Extreme Caps.

7 comments:

Marjorie said...

Love how you used the Spot on Backgrounds!! I swear that is that best background stamp set ever!! I love it ^_~ Those pictures are way too cute and I love your simple clean layout! Thanks for playing hun! Your blog is looking great so far ^_~

Mary said...

Darling layout, Jena!!! I love babies in diapers playing on the floor. Thanks for posting such a cute layout.

Mary

Jenn said...

Love this layout Jena! I just love everything about....from the Spot on Backgrounds (my fav), the white brads in all sizes (I just love how the are all over the layout) and the colors are awesome! This was a great color challenge that Marjorie did!!! :D
Your blog is looking good!!! :D

Jenn

Kariberry said...

Love your LO. Title is too cute. And that background stamp.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pages! I hope that your little sweetie's eye is all better now. :-)

Lori said...

Simply adorable. I may take you up on your challenge...I'll let you know once it is posted as I have a couple of thoughts to start this challenge.

Stacy said...

I really love the look of the brads. I may have to copy that look!
Glad you liked the title I suggested for Brailee's black eye pictures.
Oh, and I've got to get that Spot on Background stamp...now!
Have a great weekend